Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop

August 12, 2013 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Miley Cyrus, real name Destiny Cyrus, has finally got her first UK top 10, and not only that but it reached the top spot! Miley Cyrus has FINALLY got her first UK number one, and this song is what put her there. Her previous highest chart number was joint 11, three of her singles from her music career has reached that number and those are "Party in the U.S.A.", "The Climb" and "See You Again". She definitely had a destiny, and this is exactly it. I doubt she'll disappear, and at just 20 (the same age as me) she is very much in the limelight, and I can't wait to see what her album brings, it's bound to be good.

"We Can't Stop" was written by Mike L. Williams II, Timothy Thomas, Ricky Walter, Theron Thomas and Douglas Davis. It has an infectious sound, and apparently was made with Rihanna in mind, I bet they never guessed our sweet little Miley Cyrus would be singing it. But she is far from who we all thought she used to be. I hate to admit this, but I wasn't into it that much the first time I heard it, but the more I've been hearing it, I just can't help but love it as much as everyone else. It really is infectious.

The music video, on the other hand is not what I was expecting. This has a first music video written all over it. But I guess it can be seen as a directional change and so will let it off. Other critics have compared it to Lady Gaga's first music video which features Colby O'Donis "Just Dance" as well as Christina Aguilera's directional change music video which features Redman "Dirrty". And I have to agree.

The song is about being young and having fun and drinking and clubbing and everything that contains, as well as Miley's new favourite dance: 'Twerking'.

There are a few fun bits in the music video, such as the pool and where the water gets splashed over Miley, it is fun fun fun, and what more should you expect. It relates right?

Well it does, but it's not something that I'd go out of my way to watch, the Teddy's are something I would have liked to have seen more of, but it's pretty much crazily fun which makes me realise I'm missing out on stuff at this current moment, and I just feel the video doesn't keep me entertained.

Overall an amazing song that I can't stop listening, well we all can't stop can we? And a music video that does relate but fails to keep me eager to watch it. Leaving me stuck for choice on a rating. But I've finally chosen a rating, and I hope you all agree. As I've previously said, if it was down to the song I would be giving this top stars, but since it's purely music video only, this is my rating. I cannot wait to see what her album brings, and I've heard there's a Britney Spears collaboration on there too...

0 comments: