Avicii Vs. Nicky Romero - I Could Be The One

February 18, 2013 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Avicii, real name Tim Bergling but is also known as Tim Berg, has been a constant on this blog, always appearing now and again, and usually getting high ratings from me, this music video will not be an exception. He has had lots of various hits on the UK chart, but this is his first number one, and it is well deserved. As for Nicky Romero, real name Nick Rotteveel, he is a Dutch DJ and has slowly increased his popularity, so much so that he is currently up there with David Guetta, now this song has definitely pushed him into the public eye, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get charting success within the next few years.

"I Could Be The One" was originally called "Nicktim" before the vocals were added. The vocals were provided by Swedish singer Noonie Bao. The song was written by Nicky Romero, Arash Pournouri, Avicii, Linus Wiklund, Jonnali Parmenius and Måns Wredenber, few of which are familiar as they have been referenced in my blog before. The song is really catchy and it charted at number one in the UK last week, and the summer hit has definitely brought the sunshine with it as the sun has been out with a bright blue sky, a rarity for the UK, finally the summer is coming.

This music video is pure narrative. It's quite unique, and not something I was expecting, but shouldn't I start getting used to this sort of thing? Since all of Avicii's music videos are never something normal, although I don't think he'll ever be able to top "Dancing In My Head" which was Eric Turner Vs. Avicii, never have I been so shocked to watch a music video.

I like the start, and the fact that words are used proving it isn't just music. This is what I like about Avicii, his music videos are thought about long and hard, and a lot of details go into them. I like the constant repeat showing us what her everyday life is like. But I get confused when the dream first comes in, wondering what has happened, although, it soon becomes clear.

I like the dream side, it shows the potential she has and she must have had a lot of fun filming that side of the scenes, and then when she goes crazy you can't help but laugh, especially with everything flying here, there and everywhere.

I have to agree with some of the comments, the ending is a little disappointing, but then again you don't expect it, but couldn't they have thought up something more imaginable?

Overall a worthy number one that has got everyone playing and talking about it. The music video is shockingly great, as all Avicii music videos are. I have no negative comments, so you can see where I'm heading with this rating can't you?

0 comments: