Deadmau5 Featuring Chris James - The Veldt

December 04, 2012 Critic Jonni 1 Comments

Deadmau5, real name Joel Zimmerman, has never appeared on my blog so far, and wouldn't have done so today, if I had not gone bowling and saw this video on the TV screens. He has been going since 2005, and although he is from Canada, he has had the most chart hits in the UK, with 15 single entries. This is his joint third best chart position, at number 68 along with "Sofi Needs A Ladder". The two better charting singles are "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" (at number 12) and "I Remember" (at number 14). This song "The Veldt" was written by Joel Zimmerman and Chris James. It is based on the short story of the same name written by Ray Bradbury (Click here to read the story, it's well worth the read). So I wonder what the future will bring to Deadmau5, he's definitely not disappearing, that's for sure, and hopefully there will be a single to top the charts soon? Surely he is credible enough. The song features Chris James who is a good vocalist, but hasn't come into the limelight much, hopefully we'll see more of him in the future.

The music video is also based on The Veldt by Ray Bradbury, which makes the link in with the song amazing. The animation was done by Qudos Animations.

I watched this before reading the story, and was surprised and very interested. Of course I was interested otherwise I wouldn't be reviewing it, right? After reading the story online, this video blew me away, it describes exactly what I imagined in the story and more so.

I have nothing bad to say at all about this video. It follows the story's subtlety with murder and I have to give a ten out of ten for that, it's practically more subtle in this music video rather than the story.

Overall, a great song that makes more sense after reading the short story. It's accompanying music video is amazing, I got scared when the brother (presumably Peter from the story) pushed the girl (Wendy) off the cliff, I was like, what are you doing? But the ending is surprising and expected, after reading the story. But even if you don't read the story it still works well, and I can't help but give it the full rating, as I just can't give it anything else.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jonni!

    Thanks so much for mentioning us in your article!

    You don't suppose you could mention our website address somewhere here for us please?

    Would really appreciate it!

    Thanks

    Qudos Animations.

    ReplyDelete