Swedish House Mafia Featuring John Martin - Don't You Worry Child

November 27, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

For the last few weeks I've been planning on reviewing this song, but its music video has always stopped me. I think I just don't want to give a bad rating to an amazing song, one of which is Swedish House Mafia's last single before their indefinite hiatus. However here goes nothing.

Swedish House Mafia are a three piece dance band from Sweden. They consist of Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso. They are currently in the middle of their final tour before they go on their hiatus. Their reason for breaking up is that they aren't sure where they want to go next. By the looks of things, they want to do different things. However I reckon this won't be the last we'll see of them, and it's quite possible future collaborations between the members will be on the cards. John Martin once again collaborates with this band, the first song being "Save The World". He has such a great voice, and if he doesn't get around to releasing songs himself I will be left shocked and surprised as he deserves to do well.

"Don't You Worry Child" was written by Axel Hedfors (Axwell), Sebastian Ingrosso, Steve Angello, John Martin Lindstrõm and Michel Zitron. The band says the inspiration for the song comes from the beauty of Australia. However if that was the case why do we have footage from Milton Keynes, UK?

Okay I have to admit, I really don't like these types of music video, as you have probably guessed in similar blog posts. I just feel these have been done over and over again, and if you are willing to do a music video like this, at least switch it up!

A few examples that come to mind for switching it up, is DixonBeats & Dante's "Afraid" and Avril Lavigne's "Losing Grip". This music video just shows footage from their concert at Milton Keynes and it leaves me bored.

I totally understand that these music videos are done for their fans. That if you were in the crowd at that time you would be so happy that you'll be featuring in a music video. However it doesn't make it a good music video. If you were going to do this, then at least release it as a promotional video and then a few weeks later release an official music video. Personally, when videos like this come up, I can't help but think "lazy", it's the one word that runs through my mind every time.

Overall a great song, that I love every time the clubs play it. The song definitely deserved that UK number one, and if I were reviewing the song it would be getting five stars. However I'm reviewing the music video alone, and this is a video I see artists releasing every single year, or more often, and I really don't enjoy watching it.

0 comments: