New Release: Ke$ha - Die Young

November 26, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Ke$ha, real name Kesha Sebert, has finally released a new single, with it's album to be released next week. I have been waiting for ages, and I'm not the only one. Was it worth the wait? Definitely, have you not even heard this amazing song yet? I'm so glad she's back and I can see this new album "Warrior" performing better than "Animal" ever did. This is definitely one artist who will be around for a long time.

"Die Young" was written by Kesha Sebert, Lukasz Gottwald (Dr. Luke), Benjamin Levin (Benny Blanco), Henry Walter (Cirkut) and Nate Ruess (Lead Singer of Fun.). This is definitely a heavenly song writing team, all of which have appeared on my blog numerous times, but I don't think they have altogether and no wonder this song is fantastic, I really expect nothing less from these song writers. The song is infinitely catchy, it's meaning is to not take life too seriously and live every single day and second like it's your last. This reminds me so much of Nickleback's "If Today Was Your Last Day". The song is definitely going to make the UK chart, and it's slowly climbing up and up, could this be Ke$ha's second number one? It's climbing too slowly, but I wouldn't rule it out, there could be a possibility it could get there.

The music video is one of those that don't quite make sense unless you've watched it over and over. Here's what I thought: 1st Play, I really thought the video was rubbish. 2nd Play, it was a little clearer, but still wasn't sure of what was going on. After watching behind the scenes video and then 3rd Play, it makes perfect sense now. Thankfully we have Behind The Scenes Videos.

There is a storyline to this, Ke$ha is the leader of a cult or tribe, and practically living her life like it's her last day. And clearly just having fun.

I really like the choreography, it shows a side of her that we have never seen in any of her music videos before, and it shows a performance we are likely to see at her tours, and I'm surprised at how great she can dance, reminds me of Britney.

I like the ending, it really works. But I'm not too sure I'm happy about the symbolic imagery to the Illuminati, however, it is one of those things I am never going to be very knowledgeable on, I'm just not that interested. On the other hand I want to congratulate Ke$ha for deciding to make a statement (as always) and if that's what she wants to do then I can't really judge her for it, and no one else should.

Overall an amazing song, that is definitely number one worthy, but it looks doubtful that'll it'll get there, however we'll have to wait and see. The music video is pretty good, it relates to the song amazingly, but I feel that it takes too long for people to actually get it, and this could be something that prevents people from watching it a second time, and therefore Ke$ha could lose a few sales here and there, which is mightily important when you get high in the UK Chart.

0 comments: