Dannii Minogue - I Begin To Wonder

September 03, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Dannii Minogue has finally made it onto my blog! She became a judge of The X Factor in 2007, and she was the first judge to also be an artist, she also became a judge on Australia's Got Talent. Since 2007 no more singles have been released so far, although there have been numerous rumours of new recorded songs, including Dannii mentioning it in her own show called "Dannii Minogue: Style Queen" in which she met up with one of her X Factor acts and recorded a song with Ruth Lorenzo. However no sign of any new release as of yet, but we're all still hoping! For those of you who don't know, she has a famous sister called Kylie Minogue.

"I Begin To Wonder" was written by Jean-Claude Ades, Dacia Bridges, Dannii Minogue and Olaf Kramolowsky. I was worried about reviewing this judge as I didn't think I would recognise any of her songs, but I was so very wrong, as I remember this song, and others very clearly. It got to number 2 in the UK, just missing out on the top spot. However it would've been difficult to knock Christina Agulera's song "Beautiful" off that all important number one. However Dannii managed to get to number one on the UK Upfront Club Chart, making it her 6th number one on this chart. I have my fingers crossed that Dannii decides to return to music, as she has become extremely popular over the years thanks to The X Factor and I'm sure she'll finally get that all important number one!

This music video is a big performance piece and it is the typical music video you expected at that time. I like the start where she is walking down the street and when she is dancing and the title of the song in many different languages swirl around her. But I have to comment on her hair, at times it looks greasy and horrible, and I bet that when she sees this video now she cringes, especially since she's big into style at the moment.

The other scenes are quite interesting, especially the bit when she is in the ventilation shaft. But what I really don't get is why she is cutting her hair, I'm not sure it works with the song, however I can understand how it's possible since she wants to recreate herself, according to the song.

Overall a catchy song that is even catchy today, however it feels like it is trying to build up to something, only that something never appears. The video on the other hand is okay and sort of what we expected during that year, however it is missing a narrative that would definitely make this video amazing.

0 comments: