New Release: Aiden Grimshaw - Is This Love

June 04, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Aiden Grimshaw becomes my New Release, I am in love with this song, I never really liked him when he was on the seventh series of The X Factor UK, I thought he was nervous and not confident enough, I also thought he wasn't ready. But it may have just been down to the songs, there's no songs out there that sounds like this one, he has definitely found his niche, and I cannot wait to hear more from him. There were many artists to have embarked on a musical career, these are: Matt Cardle (winner), Rebecca Ferguson (second), One Direction (third), Cher Lloyd (fourth), Mary Byrne (fifth), Katie Waissell (seventh), Paije Richardson (eighth), Aiden Grimshaw (ninth), Belle Amie (eleventh), Storm Lee (fourteenth) and Nicolò Festa (sixteenth).

"Is This Love" was written by Aiden Grimshaw, Jarrad Rogers and Joel Pott (frontman of Athlete). You can tell Aiden wrote this song with help, as there are no other songs out there quite like this one, and that is what makes it so amazing, and is the main reason why I love it so much! I always get this song confused with "If This Is Love" by The Saturdays, as they both have similar names, and I always start singing The Saturdays' song before this one plays on YouTube.

This music video is a big narrative piece, but how can you not enjoy watching it. Aiden Grimshaw appears as an extra in this video, and I always have to look out for him every time I see this on the music channels. I have yet to hear this song on the radio, let's hope that people download it and it gets a high charting position so more radio stations have to play it.

There is a big story with this one, obviously he is doing drugs, and he is definitely on a downward spiral, with drinking and smoking as well. Life seriously isn't going his way, I love the little surprising scenes in this, and there's a lot going on.

Overall it's a great song that is different to what is out there at the moment. It's accompanying music video represents the song perfectly, but I would have liked to have seen more of Aiden Grimshaw about and it just feels like this music video is missing some sort of spark.

0 comments: