Hungary Entry: Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts

June 03, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Compact Disco may not have been the obvious choice, and maybe it was something extremely different for Eurovision, but sometimes different is what wins. Look at the year Lordi won. I blame the fact that this was performed second, it was forgotten after a few other songs, hence the disappointing 24th, however they did better than the UK. Compact Disco is comprised of 4 members who are: Behnam Lotfi, Gábor Pál, Attila Sándor and Csaba Walkó. I'm sure I've heard of them before, and after further research, they have attempted to hit the UK with their songs, but with not a lot of luck. I hope this band finds it's breakthrough as they clearly deserve it. Maybe Eurovision was their shot, but it didn't work for them either. Let's hope they don't give up.

"Sound of Our Hearts" single cover is amazing, I love how they've incorporated Europe into the design. The song was written by the band and it's about taking care of one another. The music video links in perfectly, and I love how it's done. This song is definitely one of my favourites, but I had to listen to it again to make sure, I think I forgot what it sounded like until today, and I was surprised it didn't do better, however I don't think I was the only one to has forgotten the song.

The music video is narrative, however it works well with the song, and I don't really know how anyone can dislike it. It's also a perfect representation of the whole world, not just Hungary, and that we do need to care for one another a lot more.

I like how there are two different people, one is high-profiled and complains about everything, the other is a humble homeless man, that's just trying to get through life. you feel really sorry for the homeless man, whereas the person with all the money should quit complaining, there is others out there who are going through worse.

I like how it's been edited as they are both doing the same things, only in totally different ways, such as at the start one goes to the sink and washes himself, whereas the other has to trek all the way to the river to wash. And what about food, one has to ask and eventually look in the bin whereas the one with all the money, is complaining about what he has got. It's a great representation of people today, and it just gets me mad, everyone takes things for granted without realising it, I know I do, but this makes me understand that there are others out there who are just not as lucky as I am, and I feel really bad for them.

Overall I love the message of this song along with it's video, it's portrayal is amazing and I hope people will see this and understand it. I'm trying to find bad things about this but I just cannot find one. There may be better Eurovision music videos out there from 2012, as I haven't seen them all I'm not sure, but this has definitely become my favourite, you can't beat a true representation of the world, and attempt to make a difference. This should have done better in the Eurovision at Baku, Azerbaijan.

0 comments: