Jessie J Featuring David Guetta - Laserlight

April 30, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Jessie J is definitely the one everyone's looking out for, she is the subject of many articles, and she is also a coach on The Voice UK. Jessie J, real name Jessica Cornish, is definitely on the top of her career, and she is definitely going to be staying around for quite a long time.

"Laserlight" was written by Jessica Cornish, The Invisible Men, David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort and Frédéric Riesterer. Unfortunately David Guetta doesn't pop up in this music video, which is unusual as he does tend to pop up here and there a lot of the time. This is definitely an amazing collaboration. My favourite bit of the song is when she sings "D-D-D-D-David G", referencing David Guetta in her signature lyrics of: "J-J-J-Jessie J".

The music video kind of reminds me of "Domino", purely because it is more of a performance piece rather than anything else. However at least this one shows off her real hair, and is probably a little more intriguing. I can definitely say I have more to talk about.

After hearing the title of the song, you are prepared for laser lights to appear in the music video, and they're definitely there. Not only that but Jessie J is trying to be sexy, and I'm not quite sure if it works. It works for me, but others think she is trying too hard, and she doesn't need it all. I like the different places she seems to be in, but I have to admit it is still a normal average video that isn't that much of an improvement to Domino. Why is it that great songs end up having not so good accompanying music videos?

Overall I love the song, and can see it charting pretty high... But the music video is her second disappointing one in a row, let's hope she doesn't make it three in a row. Narrative music videos tend to be a lot better, and I certainly prefer them. As much as I like Jessie J, I hate to give this video this rating, but I don't think it's worth much more.

0 comments: