Avicii Featuring Sebastien Drums - My Feelings For You

March 29, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

Avicii has quickly become one of my favourite house artists. His real name is Tim Bergling, but his first release was "Seek Bromance" where he released under the name Tim Berg. Not many people realise that Avicii and Tim Berg are the same person. I have so far only reviewed "Levels" which was his highest hit. I hope to hear more from him in the future, and I'm getting excited for when an album gets released. As for the collaborator, it's Sebastien Drums, who is a France DJ and is big in the House genre. He has worked with Avicii a lot, and collaborated on a few tracks, maybe we'll see more collaborations in the future. He is working up to becoming big, and my guess is that by next year, a lot more people will know of him, and I'm interested in what the future brings to this potential star.

The song was made for Cassius, an electronic band, that released the song under "Feelings For You" and managed to get it to number 19 here in the UK in 1999, no wonder I've heard of it before hand. So Avicii has remixed it up and made it so much more with the help from Sebastien Drums, if this is just one thing that can be done, I'm interested in what will be happening in the future. The song got to number 46 on the UK chart.

The music video is an act of pure genius, everyone has played all the video games involved. And I also like the fact that the lyrics have been added, no one is going to mess them up when they sing a long now.

There are a few video games I can reference out, such as Super Mario Bros., Pong, Pac-Man and Space Invaders, although there is a lot more that I can't remember the names of, I'm sure one of them is Tetrix and another is Brickbreaker.

I like that there's a narrative to it too, with the fact that there are two love hearts in love, and this green love heart steals the pink one, suggesting that he is lusting after her, and the red heart is going to get her back, no matter how many obstacles attempt to stand in his way. As for the ending, I'm not quite sure what's happening, maybe the green one feels lonely and is upset? Or maybe it's more sinister than that?

Overall the song is really catchy and it's been stuck in my head all day. The music video is extremely memorable, and I'm sure there's a few people out there who could name all the video games that feature in the music video. I can't wait to see what the future brings for Avicii and Sebastien Drums, I'm totally looking forward to it.

0 comments: