Madonna Featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland - 4 Minutes

February 22, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments



Madonna is such a big star, it's unbelievable how long she has been going of, and I cannot believe I actually haven't reviewed any of her music videos yet, but I think the reason may just be that YouTube have restricted embedding Madonna videos and so that may have been the main reason. I like how she is always in the now, and perfect for music, she updates her image and keeps up with what's charting, it makes sense why she is such a great artist. Not only that but this single is her latest number one, all the way back in 2008, 4 years from the top spot, will she do it again? Or forever be trying to with the likes of Britney and Avril. She has collaborated with Britney in the past and so many others, in this song and music video she collaborates with Britney's ex Justin Timberlake, who first found fame in *NSYNC, but is now a major actor as well as singer and dancer. Timbaland (also known as Tim Mosley) also contributes his vocals.

This song is about saving the world, according to Madonna. Apparently it's about winding down the CO2 emissions and everything else that is affecting the world. It was written by Madonna, Tim Mosley, Justin Timberlake and Nate Hills. The one thing that makes me laugh is that the song is actually 4 minutes 6 seconds, so actually you have an added 6 seconds to save the world.

This music video is really good and clever, and it's possible that it helped to get the song to number one here in the UK, as the music channels were showing this video a lot. I really like the 4 minutes behind them as it's counting down, although I would think it would have been better if you could see that all the time (like in the corner or something).

The video links in with the song, as the cars are not moving and everything that would cause pollution is getting gobbled up. I also like the choreography, I like the fact that Justin and Madonna mirror each other at times, and this really shows how good they are at dancing. I also like the fact that people have commented on the video by saying something along the lines of: You have 4 minutes and 6 seconds to save the world, and all you do is dance?

There really aren't a lot of things going on in this video. So there's not a lot I can comment on. I think it's clever and a catchy song, I like how well the video goes with the song, but there's just not a lot going on. I like how one commenter said: "We should put this song 4 minutes before the end of 2012", now I doubt the world will end before 2013 starts, or as it starts, but I do like the fact that it fits in nicely.

0 comments: