DJ Fresh Featuring Rita Ora - Hot Right Now

January 16, 2012 Critic Jonni 0 Comments

DJ Fresh is now a household name, he has had a number one with "Louder" and we all know that this song is going to storm the charts! He's real name is Daniel Stein, he has been going since 1996, but became a solo act in 2006. He has released a number of tracks, managing to get on to the UK chart quite a few times. He's UK-wide tour named "Fresh/Live" comprised of 7 dates and all 7 venues got sold out. We all know he's going to be one to look out for this year.

Rita Ora was born in Yugoslavia (present day Kosovo), but moved to the UK in the same year she was born and grew up around London. She graduated from Sylvia Young Theatre School (where a number of artists and actors have graduated from). And has been in a TV Series. But her real passion is for music. She applied for Eurovision: Your Country Needs You, but she withdrew from the competition as she didn't think she was ready. According to the description of this video on YouTube, Rita Ora was signed to Jay-Z's record label after just one phone call, she will be one to look out for this year.

I'm loving this song at the moment, and so are a lot of other people. At this very moment in time the music video has already received 1,730,000 hits and I just know that it's going to receive a load more. Her vocals are amazing and I am looking forward to see if she ever sings a ballad, because if so she's going to blow us all away. She's amazing and I hope this song does well for her.

I first saw this music video on the music channels today, and it kind of surprised me. I watched it from about half way through so I had no idea who it was and I was interested in whose name would appear on the banner at the end. I thought it may have been Amelia Lily (she came third in the most recent X Factor), so I was a little surprised to see DJ Fresh and Rita Ora, and I couldn't wait to review this music video.

There is a lot to like about this music video, it's quirky, it's interesting and very reminiscent of so many different music videos, that it becomes original. It's one of these music videos that as soon as you flip over to another music channel and it's being played you'll recognise it at once.

It reminds me of quite a few music videos, first off Cher Lloyd's "Swagger Jagger", you have the break-dancing, and the boombox, the jacket is like something Cher Lloyd would wear. Then you have Cascada's "Evacuate The Dancefloor", it also had break-dancers and Natalie Horler was singing the song out to the dancers. There's also Ke$ha's "TiK ToK" because both music videos have a boombox. All these comparisons are only small, when looking at the bigger picture (or should I say music video?) it's original, it's different and there's no mistaking it for anything else.

There's a lot to like about this music video. The fact that she uses a megaphone while singing out to the crowd is really clever, during this scene she is also on top of a painted bus, which looks amazing. I like the fact that we see her dancing every now and again, although it would be nice to see a bit more. The professional dancers are incredible, it's the sort of dancing that people dream they could do, and that's why this music video is great to watch.

Overall I love this song, I've got it on repeat, and have done so since I started this review. The accompanying music video is really good, there's links in with the song and the genre as well, which is another key factor. The only criticism I have about it is that it's on a small scale, and there could have been a lot more done with it. Maybe there was and editing changed it up a bit. But I'm going to be nice today, because I'm loving this song and I know a lot of other people love it just as much as I do. If you want to download this song, it'll be available on the 12th February 2012, which should give it enough time to gain popularity. You can purchase the pre-order right now.
Buy on iTunes

0 comments: